MW GOLDEN CONSTRUCTORS Begins Sugarloaf Fire Protection District Project
Work has begun on an addition to Sugarloaf Fire Protection District’s Station #1. The station, located ten miles west of downtown Boulder, was originally constructed in 1910 as a school house and was adapted for its current use in 1967. It is unmanned and used to store fire district equipment and vehicles. The new 1,500-square-foot addition will feature two additional vehicle bays, room for equipment storage, and space for future use as restrooms. Running water and an onsite wastewater septic system are features the district has been working to add to the station since 1997 and plans to complete within the next few years. MW GOLDEN CONSTRUCTORS (MWGC) has been careful to consider the historic features of the structure, such as taking measures during construction to protect the 105-year-old hard wood floor in the original schoolhouse.
The Sugarloaf Fire Protection District is an all-volunteer department of between 30 and 40 firefighters. It responds to an average of 110 calls each year throughout its seventeen square miles. MWGC has delivered projects for a variety of fire departments in Colorado. It is currently constructing a new Fire Training Simulator for the City and County of Denver Fire Department. Last year, MW GOLDEN CONSTRUCTORS completed renovations to the headquarters of the East Grand Fire Protection District #4, located in Fraser. Several projects for the South Metro Fire Rescue Authority, the Town of Castle Rock, and the Elizabeth Fire Protection District were also delivered in recent years.
#SugarloafFireProtectionDistrict #FireStation #MWGOLDENCONSTRUCTORS #Boulder